Monday, October 24, 2011

Class #2

I have to admit that this was my favorite class of all classes I have ever taken. This is the end of my third degree and I can honestly say this, mostly because during this class I was in bed :). The Blackboard Collaborative session was amazing, what a tool! Forget the convenience, the saved time and energy, the saved money in gas. Doing a program through distance education I have spent scary winter nights on the highway and have felt disjointed from the others in an online course. This should be used more often!

I am thinking about students with mobility issues that may be in rural areas and not able to access resourses they may need. This could be educational or even medical. I am also thinking about students with mental health issues who struggle with being around other people. I have had numerous clients over the years who simply could not handle the structure of the classroom and sadly these students usually end up quitting school. A large majority of those have had learning disabilities. Imagine these students in the safety of their own environment being able to participate and learn. This piece of technology is a simple yet effctive tool to aid inclusion.

So kick up your feet and learn !

1 comment: